At close to 900 metres, Letterkenny Activity Centre has one of Ireland’s largest karting tracks.
Groups from 1 to 50 people can be catered for with up to 20 competitors racing on the circuit at any one time.
All safety equipment is supplied and full training is given, ensuring a fun and a truely thrilling experience for individuals, groups or a family day out.
AVAILABLE FOR PRACTICE SESSIONS, GRAND PRIX RACES, PARTIES OR CORPORATE OUTINGS.
The track is unique in that most is outdoors but approx. 160 meters is indoors making it a great racing experience in the dry it’s fast and furious and in the wet its a sideways adrenaline rush Stag and Hens are welcome (we operate a no alcohol policy) and we have packages to suit all budgets.
Take to the track for a 15, 20 or 30 minute session. You get an unlimited number of laps within that time. This is a great way to get to know our track.
In a Grand Prix race meeting all drivers are guaranteed a minimum of 7 races.
The first race is a practice race, after practice drivers will have 5 races on a grid containing 6 to 10 karts depending on the number of drivers racing.
The objective is to get as many points as possible from the 5 qualifying races as this will determine where your kart starts on the grid in the quarter or semi-finals.
The number of drivers racing will determine the amount of semi and quarter finals required.
The top drivers in the semi finals go into the grand final with the top three drivers winning trophies presented by the karting centre.
Grand Prix races are for a minimum of 12 people and prior booking is required.
- Participants must be over 4’6″ (8 years old or over) to use cadet karts
- Karting is strictly a non contact sport. No bumping allowed
- Any damage, accidental or otherwise ends the practice session. No refunds
- Any contact, tyres or karts which occurs within the first 2 laps ends the session with no refund
- Misuse of karts or track ends the session.
- Careless or dangerous driving ends the session.
- Obey marshals and flags at all times
- Stay in your kart at all times and keep your hands on the wheel. Do not attempt to move your kart by pushing with legs or hands
- In the event of a half spin (180 degrees) do not drive against the traffic
- Helmets must be securely fastened and visors must be close at all times during races.
- Racing suits to be worn when provided. Helmets, gloves and race suits belong to Letterkenny Activity Centre and are placed in your care. They must be returned at the end of the event in the condition in which they were received. You will be held liable for any damage. Racing suits are to be changed in the changing area, not in the track area. You will be held liable for damage to suits. Please remove shoes before putting on suits.
- Damage to kart which arises from contact with another kart or object will not entitle you to another kart irrespective of who caused the damage.
- No stopping on the circuit at any time unless instructed by a marshal.
- Practice sessions are over when the marshal calls all drivers to pits using the black flag or chequered flag.
- Enter the pits slowly at all times
- No stopping on the track at any time unless so instructed by marshal
- Do NOT press the brake and accelerator at the same time. This will burn out the clutch and result in end of session
- Remove watches, jewellery and loose items from pockets as they can be lost on the track
PLEASE NOTE THAT MOTOR SPORT CAN BE DANGEROUS.
DESPITE THE ORGANISERS TAKING ALL REASONABLE PRECAUTIONS, UNAVOIDABLE ACCIDENTS CAN HAPPEN.
IN RESPECT OF THESE, YOU USE THE FACILITIES AT YOUR OWN RISK
|15 Minutes||20 Minutes||30 Minutes|
|Grand Prix (2 Laps)||Super Grand Prix (3 Laps)/th>|
A Minimum of 12 people is required for a Grand Prix